Wednesday 15 November 2017

Vampire Hunter D (SSFF Outfit)

I'm quite proud of this one...

Original Miiverse post to play journal (Oct. 5th, 2017 - apx. 11:09pm)
...And now for a Vampire Hunter D inspired cosplay.

Original Miiverse post to play journal (Oct. 5th, 2017 - apx. 11:30pm)
Upper-body shot of the Vampire Hunter D inspired cosplay.

Makeup

Eyebrows: f#@$in' invisible... what the
Eyeshadow: possibly Science Lion (dark browns)
Eyeliner: possibly Science Lion (dark browns)
Mascara: long, Jet Black, or possibly Chimney Soot (dark browns)
Contacts: Golden Arch, Gold Star, or Gold Bell (yellows)
Blush: cheekbone counter (setting 3) most likely in Owl Stone (dark browns)
Lipstick: glossy Chimney Soot (I'm pretty sure...)

I didn't record anything about the makeup at the time, so it's just guesswork at this point. I vaguely remember using what felt like a lot of dark browns.

Hair

Long & Wavy with M-Shaped Fringe, most likely in Piano (reds) or Chimney Soot, likely with Piano, Glamorous Garnet, or Chimney Soot highlights. It's mostly likely Piano with Chimney Soot highlights... but since I never wrote notes on the hair...

I'm sort of proud of how the hair turned out... unfortunately, that didn't motivate me enough to actually write down the details of just what it is that I did.

Outfit

I lost my original notes on this, so this may not be totally accurate to what was in the pictures...

Inner: Gothic High Neck (black), Raven Candle, Gothic and Chic
Top: Chain-Fastened Waistcoat (blue), Raven Candle, Gothic
Outer: Worn-Away Patterned Coat (black), Stage Dive, Rock
Pants: Skinny Leather Trousers (black), Enid Chen, Chic and Rock
Footwear: Back-Lacing Boots (black), AZ-USA, Bold
Headwear: Wide Brim Hat (black), Enid Chen, Chic
Earrings: Bat Drop Earrings (silver and black), Raven Candle, Gothic and Rock
Neckwear: Sapphire Necklace, Purple Moon, Girly and Feminine
Gloves: Arm Warmers (black), Basic U, Basic and Feminine, or Woolly Arm Warmers (black), Chorale, Feminine

A lot of pictures to follow... I had trouble getting myself to change out of this one. :)

Notes

I'm very proud of this one and very happy with it... I was surprised I managed to make anything even remotely resembling D using this game, actually. I made this shortly after the Dark Gunslinger costume, while I was experimenting with cowboy costumes for a contest.

This is based mainly on the version of D from the 80s anime movie, but I borrowed bits of other looks from other versions... That Purple Moon necklace works perfectly. The outfit is almost built around it...

Original Miiverse post to play journal (Oct. 5th, 2017 - apx. 11:13pm)
I took a shot before changing hairstyles.
This shot was an accident... I rushed to the photo studio without changing the hair from the way it'd been for the Dark Gunslinger costume. Anyway, I made my Coffin Chamber room specifically to use as a backdrop for this, originally. It's seen a lot of use since then. The original plan had been to upload my character wearing the Vampire Hunter D costume with it, but I accidentally uploaded it while wearing my male ballet dancer costume... Oops?

Original Miiverse post to play journal (Oct. 5th, 2017 - apx. 11:02pm)
Randomly ran in to Genevieve. She looked pretty, so I took a picture. I'm pleased with the mixture of light and airiness with some gothic touches in the outfit I made for her the other day. Nice to run into it...
I ran into Genevieve, who'd just bought a new outfit, before making it to the photo studio. She was so pretty, I had to stop and take a picture...

Original Miiverse post to play journal (Oct. 5th, 2017 - apx. 11:45pm)
If my eyes turn red, get out of the chair and move away veeery slowly.

Original Miiverse post to play journal (Oct. 6th, 2017 - apx. 12:56am)
Photo in Bougainville with the girl who hikes into the woods to make friends with bears!

Original Miiverse post to play journal (Oct. 6th, 2017 - apx. 1:09am)
Hmm.

Original Miiverse post to play journal (Oct. 6th, 2017 - apx. 1:11am)
Maybe I shouldn't have worn this outfit to the restaurant after all... XD

Original Miiverse post to play journal (Oct. 6th, 2017 - apx. 1:00am)
Photo with Kirsty at the restaurant...

Original Miiverse post to play journal (Oct. 6th, 2017 - apx. 1:17am)
Photo with Lily at Tropica Beach. With those colours, she almost glows in the dark...

Original Miiverse post to play journal (Oct. 6th, 2017 - apx. 1:20am)
Noor and me oddly posed in a photo at Tropica Beach.

I would have taken more pictures of this if I could...

No comments:

Post a Comment