Tuesday 14 November 2017

Retro Yukata (SSFF Outfit)

Original Miiverse post to play journal (June 22nd, 2017 - apx. 12:29pm)
Retro yukata with cat bag.

Original Miiverse post to play journal (June 22nd, 2017 - apx. 12:33pm)
Close-up. The bow is the studded bow, and the hair has green tints to match the make-up.

Makeup

Eyeshadow: Gold Bell (yellows)
Eyeliner: Golden Star (yellows)
Mascara: medium, Jet Black
Contacts: Taylor Green (greens?)
Blush: full cheek (setting 1) in Caramel (oranges)
Lipstick: glossy Lantern Light (pinks)

The eye makeup appears green, but is actually all yellow. The green contacts further this illusion.

Hair

I didn't write down any notes on the hair. It appears to be a volumized ponytail with a straight fringe in all black, possibly with very dark green highlights.

Outfit

Body: Retro Print Kimono, Kanokoi, Eastern
Footwear: Arrow Pattern Sandals, Kanokoi, Eastern
Headwear: Studded Bow, Retrobeat, Psychedelic
Bag: Cat Face Bag, Retrobeat, Psychedelic



Notes

There are probably a lot of different ways this yukata could be utilized for different looks, although I have trouble assembling Psychedelic and Retro outfits, myself... I can't quite grasp what's laid out in the game as the style. I don't have enough reference points for it. I understand actual 70s fashion pretty well, as well as retro, disco, and related things... but what's presented in Style Savvy is a bit harder for me to grasp. Even looking at contemporary things this style image might have been drawn from from Japan didn't really help me. I did eventually start to put things together, but the truth is I still don't really 'get' it. I love some of the items from Retrobeat because of how bizarre and gaudy they look, but using all items from the Psychedelic image just feels like total overkill.


No comments:

Post a Comment