Wednesday 15 November 2017

Count D (SSFF Outfit)


 
Lazily-postworked closeup of Quartz dressed as Count D.
Another lazily-postworked shot of Quartz dressed as Count D.
It's not all that visible, but the right eye is now sort of yellow. It sort of turned out mostly brown, but...

Makeup

Eyebrows: p1, Natural
Eyeshadow: Cherry Blossom (pinks) (?)
Eyeliner: Ruby (reds)
Mascara: long, Jet Black
Contacts: Metropolis Navy (blue-purples)
Blush: full cheek (setting 1) in Sunlight Sand (light browns)
Lipstick: glossy Night Rose (reds)

I had been going to use a purple lipstick because D's lips are often a dark purple colour, but... they're clearly red in the illustration I based this off, and he's always changing his hair and makeup colours, apparently, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I also might have overdone it with the eyeshadow, it looks a little too heavy. It looks as if he's only wearing red or pink eyeliner in the illustration...

Hair

Side-Swept Bob in Jet Black with Midnight Ocean highlights?

Outfit

Top: Mandarin Collar Tunic (blue), Raven Candle, Gothic
Pants: Gothic Bootcuts (black), Raven Candle, Gothic and Bold
Footwear: Embroidered Ankle Boots (blue), Kanokoi, Eastern
Earrings: Large Gem Earrings (black), Chorale, Feminine
Gloves: Arm Warmers (blue), Basic U, Basic and Feminine

Notes

Finally got around to this, but I was too late to enter it in a contest. Since I mostly just wanted to try making it myself and am "generally selfish"... this doesn't bother me that much. I'm pretty pleased with it just for myself, but it would've been nice to see more of what other people thought of it, even if only in the form of "Yeah!"s.

I consider it a sort of an accomplishment, I guess... It's pretty difficult to pull off any kind of cosplay in this game. (Other than schoolgirls...)

I was going to attempt to make and post some photos of other outfits based off of illustrations of D, but found that I didn't have the right items. (I keep letting them pass me by when I go to buy new stock...) On top of that, it's extremely hard to approximate D's outfits in this game since he's usually wearing a combination of a slit skirt and pants. There're no equivalent items in this game. So I ended up making a couple of generally Eastern Gothic outfits instead, using similar components. I particularly like the purple and lace one... and it isn't that far out of line with some of the stuff D has been depicted wearing, either.


Original Miiverse post to play journal (Nov. 2nd, 2017 - apx. 8:33pm)
An attempt at a cosplay of Count D from Pet Shop of Horrors. I was going to enter this in 801-chan's cosplay contest, but couldn't get to it in time...

Original Miiverse post to play journal (Nov. 2nd, 2017 - apx. 8:39pm)
I can't quite replicate D's outfits in this game, since he normally wears a combination of slit skirts and pants, but I think it's a reasonable approximation... I had a few other ideas for D-like costumes that I might try later.

Original Miiverse post to play journal (Nov. 2nd, 2017 - apx. 8:46pm)
In the illustration I based this look on, D's earrings are actually red, but I didn't have any in red... so I used black. I also can't put in two different coloured contacts, so I couldn't make the right eye yellow.

This is the illustration in question.


No comments:

Post a Comment