Friday 10 November 2017

Male Ballet Dancer (SSFF Outfit)

Male ballet dancer costume, in custom dance studio room.
Original Miiverse post (Oct. 17th, 2017 - apx. 4:20pm)
A male ballet dancer outfit and ballet studio room I put together and entered in 801-chan's Ballerina contest. I just realized I uploaded my Coffin Chamber room with my character dressed as this... >.< I should've put my Vampire Hunter D costume back on..

Original Miiverse post (Oct. 17th, 2017 - apx. 4:31pm)
A close-up of the male dancer ensemble. I tried to keep the makeup relatively subtle. It was a bit difficult to choose a hair colour, but I eventually settled on Walnut... I think.

Makeup

Eyebrows: p1, Natural
Eyeshadow: Owl Stone (dark browns)
Eyeliner: Antique Door (dark browns)
Mascara: short, Chimney Soot (dark browns)
Contacts: Shutter Blue (blues)
Blush: cheekbone contour (setting 3) in Champagne (light browns)
Lipstick: matte Tiramisu (light browns)

Hair

Short & Choppy in Walnut and Chimney Soot

I picked Walnut because it felt almost unbearably cute for some reason. I could've gone with a darker colour... but kept coming back to Walnut. To be frank, it was really hard to decide on a hair colour for this.

Outfit

Top: Silky Frill Shirt (white), Chorale, Feminine and Chic
Pants: Gold Stripe Hotpants (white), Enid Chen, Chic
Leggings: Ballet Ribbon Tights (white), Purple Moon, Chic
Footwear: Mii Shoes (gold), Purple Moon, Basic

Notes

I think this technically qualifies as a Chic outfit, within the game's mechanics... It definitely would completely fall in that category if I had used the ballet slippers from Purple Moon instead of the Mii shoes.

I mostly did this for myself, having planned it long ahead of time, but Sly Blue's Ballerina Contest in October 2017 was an excellent excuse to finally throw it together and drop it into a contest, and see just how far I could push what would be accepted... I'm still wondering just how many people I might have actually offended with this. NUUU!!1!1 TEH DOUBLE GAY... LESBIAN(?) DRESSED UP AS GAY MAN!! CANNOT UNSEE

Closeup of Quartz in Chic white-and-gold danseur costume.
Original Miiverse post (17th Oct., 2017 - apx. 4:36pm)
Another close-up. I find that hair colour really cute... Although I'm not sure if I should just out-and-out say that.

Original Miiverse post (Oct. 17th, 2017 - apx. 4:24pm)
I took lots of photos again... Wasted a good chunk of the afternoon on this, too... ^^;

Original Miiverse post (Oct. 17th, 2017 - apx. 4:26pm)
As guess you can see I'm pretty happy with how it turned out...

Some kind of pose. Spinning? Dancing?
Original Miiverse post (Oct. 17th, 2017 - apx. 4:29pm)
I would've taken more pictures, but almost ran out of space.
Night-time dance practice - facing camera
I never posted these two to Miiverse.

Night-time dance practice - facing away
Night-time dance practice.


I took a lot of pictures of this. I would have actually taken more of them, but it was starting to get a little ridiculous. Speaking of ridiculous...

The original post says it all.
Original Miiverse post (Oct. 17th, 2017 - apx. 4:41pm)
I'm on a beach trip with Tarquin, dressed as a male ballet dancer. Totally not going to start any weird rumours.

...And I can't forget this:

Selma and Quartz the male(?) ballet dancer at Lover's Bell, late at night.
Original Miiverse post (Oct. 18th, 2017 - apx. 2:55am)
It looks like I'm on a date with Selma...

Selma and Quartz the male(?) ballet dancer at Lover's Bell, late at night.
Original Miiverse post (Oct. 18th, 2017 - apx. 2:57am)
...and maybe getting hit on by Selma.

Selma and Quartz the male(?) ballet dancer at Lover's Bell, late at night.
Original Miiverse post (Oct. 18th, 2017 - apx. 2:59am)
It looks you're getting a step closer to me with each thing you say... -.-; XD

Original Miiverse post (Oct. 19th, 2017 - apx. 2:26pm)
Photo from the other night with Selma.

No comments:

Post a Comment