Friday 20 October 2017

Purple Punk Rock Yukata (SSFF Outfit)

Worn by my character Quartz for EvilOverlordXIII's yukata outfit contest in the summer of 2017.

Purple Punk Rock Yukata, closeup
Original Miiverse post to play journal (June 22nd, 2017 - 11:31am)
Close-up.

Purple Punk Rock Yukata, full-body with bag
Original Miiverse post to play journal (June 22nd, 11:22am)
Solo shot, with bag. I'm not convinced the sandals match – they're black and floral – but I had no black and purple Japanese-style ones.

Makeup

I'm not totally clear on the makeup since I wasn't in the habit of keeping complete notes on makeup before removing it.

Eyeshadow: purple; likely Pansy or Mulberry
Eyeliner: Glamorous Garnet
Mascara: long, Jet Black
Eyes: yellow; likely Gold Star or Gold Bell
Blush: cheekbone contour (setting 3) in Misty Grey
Lipstick: Rebel Violet (?)

Outfit

Body: Rock Check Yukata (purple and black), Kanokoi, Eastern and Bold
Footwear: Bright Blossom Sandals (black with mixed colours), Kanokoi, Eastern
Headwear: Newsboy Cap with Charms (purple), Stage Dive, Rock
Neckwear: Chain Dog Collar (black), Stage Dive, Rock
Bag: Checked Tote Bag (black and white check with light purple/pink accents), Stage Dive, Rock


Notes

I originally made an outfit somewhat like this and put it on my boutique's mannequin, and it was purchased by a customer relatively quickly. I'm not sure if I managed to take any pictures of that... This may have actually been the first yukata I bought in the game. (Always swayed by purple...)

I put this outfit together for a summer festival-themed yukata contest started by the user EvilOverlordXIII in SSFF's events community in Miiverse. I knew I was going into this not really matching the theme, but I was so happy with what I'd created I went with posting it anyway...

The purple Python Print Platforms from Stage Dive might have also worked for footwear, but for the particular purpose I had originally put this variant of this outfit together for, I figured I should stick with Japanese sandals. I'm not sure the sandals really totally work with the outfit, and I know all of these yukata outfits I put together don't work with the rules of the game, but it looks good to me anyway. I tried on various headwear, and eventually went back to my first thought for this outfit, the hat. I had no hair ornaments that matched with it thematically, and I felt the hairbands just looked awkward on my character.

I'm particularly proud of and happy with this one, despite the sandals, because it's in tune with the style I'd been using in the game for a long while, and the makeup was a return to my old weird sort-of-gothic style.

Quartz in Purple Punk Rock Yukata with Jeremy, full body
Original Miiverse post to play journal (June 22nd, 2017 - 11:00am)
A photo for 801-chan's Festival Fashion contest. I'm posing with Jeremy, the dancer who's bad at sports involving balls. I went a bit overboard last night taking pictures of these outfits. ^^;

Quartz in Purple Punk Rock Yukata with Jeremy, upper body
Original Miiverse post to play journal (June 22nd, 2017 - 11:06am)
An upper-body shot with Jeremy.

Quartz in Purple Punk Rock Yukata with Jeremy, closeup
Original Miiverse post to play journal (June 22nd, 2017 - 11:09am)
A close-up shot with Jeremy. I took this before the other one, which I think is better. It's hard to take good close-ups with male characters, because of the height difference... My character is pretty tall, but Jeremy here still towers a head higher.

Quartz in Purple Punk Rock Yukata with Hugh, full body
Original Miiverse post to play journal (June 22nd, 2017 - 11:14am)
Here's one with me and Hugh, the florist who's afraid of bugs. I'm pretty partial to this picture.

Quartz in Purple Punk Rock Yukata with Hugh, upper body
Original Miiverse post to play journal (June 22nd, 2017 - 11:17am)
Another picture with Hugh. I find our proximity to this willow tree kind of funny, given his fear. It's always raining bugs under those things. If it were real life, the next shot would probably have Hugh half out of the shot, running for his life. :D

Quartz in Purple Punk Rock Yukata, without bag, full body
Original Miiverse post to play journal (June 22nd, 2017 - 11:26am)
Solo shot, without bag.

Quartz in Purple Punk Rock Yukata, solo upper body
Original Miiverse post to play journal (June 22nd, 2017 - 11:29am)
Solo upper-body shot.

Quartz in Purple Punk Rock Yukata, looking uncharasterically cutesy
Original Miiverse post to play journal (June 22nd, 11:33am)
Looking uncharacteristically cutesy in front of the lanterns.

Quartz in Purple Punk Rock Yukata with owl statue
Original Miiverse post to play journal (June 22nd, 11:35am)
Posing with the owl statue. I spent a chunk of last night taking all of these, and now I've wasted a chunk of my morning posting them all... haha. I'm pretty happy with them, though.

3 comments:

  1. Just stopping in to say hi, because I realized that I forgot to leave any comments the last time I was here...well, I'm a lurker by nature, after all.

    I still really like this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've also always been quite the lurker... so this kind of thing is new to me.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, same. Even Miiverse was weird for me, the blogging thing is even weirder. Still, I'm enjoying myself so far.

      Delete